We're Here For YOU!
This page contains answers to our most frequently asked questions, important reminders, and contact info for your camp director!
Meet Jeff, your Camp Director this summer!
Phone Number: 719-265-7047
(Please also save this number as it is the number we will call from if we need to get ahold of you!)
Years with Eagle Lake: 3
Favorite Activity Rotation: Tie Dye!
DROP OFF AND PICK UP TIMES:
We have staggered drop off and pick up times by last name to help us maintain social distancing:
- Drop Off Times:
- A-M: 8:30-9 am
- N-Z: 8:45-9:15 am
- Please anticipate Monday drop-off taking longer than normal.
- Please be sure to arrive at 8:30 on Friday for the field trip to our overnight property by Rampart Reservoir!
- Pick Up Times:
- A-M: 4-4:15 pm
- N-Z: 4:15-4:30 pm
- Please see the rainy day check-out plan below.
CLICK HERE to view your camper’s activity rotation! (You will need to know their group number.)
PLEASE NOTE: These are subject to change depending on variables outside of our control, like weather! We do our very best to make sure each camper gets to experience each rotation. Feel free to ask your child’s counselor if there is any updated information!
FRIDAY FIELD TRIP:
On Friday, we will head up to our overnight property by Rampart Reservoir for some mountain (and, depending on the weather, beachfront) fun! We will begin loading buses at 9:15 am, so please make sure your camper is at camp by 9:00 am. Please also remember lunches, water bottles, sunscreen, swimsuits and towels, and closed-toe shoes.
We will have a parent ceremony on Friday for parents to see what campers have learned! The ceremony starts at 3:45 pm, although parents can arrive as early as 3:30 pm.
We use a theme to bring Biblical truths to life in a way that’s relatable to campers. The theme serves as a fun and engaging platform to get kids excited about the biblical teaching for the week. This year’s theme takes place in the city of Eagletopia! Check out the paragraph below to read our theme introduction. 🙂
“Welcome to Eagletopia! Our once beautiful city has been facing some terrible events lately. An evil organization called the Council of Gloom has infiltrated our city and our people. Since then, they have completed many acts of chaos, sadness, and general meanness. Our people are losing hope as we face this oppressive organization and their “Doom and Gloom” campaign. The Council of Gloom’s baseless acts wreak havoc with things like soap that dyes people purple and chewing gum that can never be cleaned off shoes!
Eagletopia is desperate for a hero to come and save us from the Council of Gloom. Thankfully, we have the K.I.C.K. Academy on our side. The K.I.C.K. Academy believes in “Knowingly Intercepting Chaos with Kindness”… or as we like to shorten it, “K.I.C.K.” All residents of Eagletopia have been enrolled in the academy and will begin training courses soon. Our goal is to prepare our residents to “K.I.C.K.” the Council of Gloom out of Eagletopia by fighting evil with good!”
- MONDAY: 1 John 5:4 – That’s because everyone who is a child of God has won the battle over the world. Our faith has won the battle for us.
- TUESDAY: 1 John 5:11 – Here is what God says about the Son. God has given us eternal life. And this life is found in his Son.
- WEDNESDAY: Romans 12:1a – So I beg you, brothers and sisters, because of the great mercy God has shown us, offer your lives as a living sacrifice to Him—an offering that is only for God and pleasing to him.
- THURSDAY: Romans 12:5 – In the same way, we are many people, but in Christ, we are all one body. We are the parts of that body, and each part belongs to all the others.
- FRIDAY: Romans 12:21 – Don’t let evil defeat you, but defeat evil by doing good.
BIBLE STUDY OVERVIEW:
This week’s Bible study theme is
- Day One: 1 John 5:1-5
- Why is there a battle over the world? (Sin, brokenness, and injustice are parts of the world)
- Faith in Jesus wins the battle over sin, obedience shows we follow God
- Day Two: 1 John 5:6-12
- How Jesus won the battle (paying our debts with his death on the cross)
- Faith in Jesus = hope and a new life!
- Day Three: Romans 12:1-2
- Living out our new life and calling – to serve God with our lives
- Set apart from the rest of the world
- Cross references: John 14:21 and 1 John 5:2-3
- Day Four: Romans 12:3-8
- Body of Christ – we are uniquely made with different gifts
- United as parts of the body
- Day Five: Romans 12:9-16, 21
- As followers of Jesus, we are called to love others and do good!
- “Defeat evil by doing good!”
LOST AND FOUND POLICY:
You can find Lost and Found near the check-in table each day. Lost and Found will not be kept after camp ends on Friday.
RAINY DAY CHECK OUT PLAN:
If you arrive to pick up your camper in rainy weather, please note the following changes to the normal pick-up procedure:
- You will still park in the Sports Green Parking Lot.
- Please stay in your car.
- One of our staff will check your ID and radio for your camper.
- Another staff will walk your camper down to the parking lot from our rainy day camp headquarters, The Plant.
- You will still exit on the far end of the lot.