If you are interested in being a host family, please fill out the Host Family Questionnaire at the bottom of this page.
The Host Family experience is one of the best examples of life-on-life ministry that we have ever been a part of! Sharing meals, attending community groups, and playing with the kids are just a few examples of how we become adopted family for a week. As our lives intertwine, a personal connection to the church body develops, and both the host families and our staff are blessed by the relationships formed throughout the week.
What are we looking for in a host family?
- Our staff LOVE that each family is unique. We’re looking for families that will invite us into their real lives (the kitchen doesn’t have to be spotless and your pets don’t have to be perfect).
- Families who are willing to provide a place of rest and encouragement for the staff.
- Sleeping space in bedrooms or finished basements. We try to get as many staff off the floor as possible during our summer travels.
- Housing from Saturday night through Saturday morning, depending on the location.
- Families who can provide dinner on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. In general, staff will return to host homes by 5:30 pm on those evenings.
- Breakfast daily—Staff will need to eat breakfast before arriving on site at 7 am.
- Transportation from the church to your home on Saturday night, and transportation to church on Sunday morning.
What will the schedule be like for the staff I host?
- Staff will arrive at the host church by 8 pm on Saturday night. Please meet them at the church that evening. They will attend church with you on Sunday morning!
- We will pick up our staff every morning and drop them off every night; however, if you have a vehicle you won’t be using during the week and would feel comfortable letting our staff use it, that would be very helpful.
- We realize mornings are crazy (and our staff get up early) so please provide something quick and simple for breakfast. Cereal, bagels, fruit, etc. are great options and can be left accessible if you are not around (or not quite out of bed!)
- On Tuesdays and Fridays, our staff will have staff gatherings, so they will be home later on those nights (usually around 9 pm).
- If you are interested in being a host home, please fill out the host home questionnaire and return it to your church office at least a month before camp. You will receive information emails from Eagle Lake starting three weeks before camp begins.
If you are interested in being a host family, please fill out the Host Family Questionnaire below.