Did you know . . .
- 1 IN 3 kids have never had an adult mentor of any kind? (1)
- 2 IN 3 born again Christians made their decision before the age of 18? (2)
- That 30% of young adults who stay actively involved in church do so because they had an adult mentor, and 60% do so because they have a close adult friend from church? (3)
- 9 IN 10 young adults who “drop out” of church never had an adult mentor in church? (3)
- Eagle Lake Day Camps On Location is passionate about meeting kids right we’re they’re at to provide life on life mentoring and discipleship in the midst of exciting outdoor experiences and contagious fun?!?
Seven years ago, we designed Day Camp On Location to meet kids where they’re at figuratively and literally. We bring the best parts of Eagle Lake to your backyard!
What are the best parts of camp, you ask?
Well. Imagine a day where your child:
- is welcomed with a rousing, enthusiastic Spirit Tunnel – because we want your child to feel valued and wanted.
- experiences our theme and our staff’s passion for Jesus through worship, skits, and short devotionals at our camper rally each day
- develops creativity, social development and problem solving skills, and a love for God’s creation as he rotates through activities like tie dye, Capture the Flag, 9-Square (in the air!) and Gaga ball
- soaks up the summer sun and breathes in the fresh air while playing outside on our water inflatables, scaling the climbing wall, or relaxing with friends while enjoying treats from our store
- and perhaps most importantly, is invested in individually as your camper’s counselor sets aside time to meet your child right where (s)he’s at: physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our staff are trained to give each camper quality, personalized, individual time to listen to their stories, and then encourage and equip them in their walks with Jesus.
Does camp really make a difference? Read what these parents have to say:
- “We had two boys (at camp) this year. Our youngest, can sometimes feel left out and sits alone. During his first day, he said he just sat there not playing with anyone, but then he said Shark, who wasn’t even his counselor, came over to talk with him. Every day after that when I picked him up, he and Shark did a special handshake. I could tell my son really felt a special connection with Shark (and adored his other three counselors, too). Thanks for looking our for the kids that seem to be a bit out of sorts!” -Day Camp On Location parent
- “I can’t say enough about this program. Every counselor my daughter has had has helped her to grow in her relationship with Christ. After attending for 3 weeks last summer and doing a couple of other camps, she decided that she wanted to spend this entire summer at Eagle Lake. She is already talking about wanting to be a counselor when she is old enough. Thank you for providing a fantastic camp experience that also allows my daughter to grow in her faith.” -Day Camp at Glen Eyrie parent
- “My son loved camp! He bonded with the counselors in a way I could never have imagined. After spending most of the summer at Day Camp, he was in tears on Friday when it was time to say good bye. He has grown closer to the Lord because of his discussions with leadership this summer, and he is already planning for his return next summer. He said this was the best summer of his life because he learned so much about God and because Eagle Lake was so much fun. Thank you!” -Day Camp at Glen Eyrie parent
We’re passionate about providing your child with the best week of his or her summer and giving him or her an adult role model to inspire them to keep walking with Jesus!