Dawson Trotman, founder of The Navigators, got his start in the ministry working with junior high boys. Daws always had a heart for boys and continuously sought new ways to minister to them. In 1953, The Navigators purchased Glen Eyrie in Colorado Springs, and moved its headquarters there. The 330-acre Eagle Lake property was included in the purchase, on the condition that it be used for youth work. In 1957, Lorne Sanny, Trotman's successor, asked Cec Davidson of the Glen Gang to get something started up at the property. Cec and four other men acquired some old marine tents and took 13 local boys camping for a week. This was the beginning of Eagle Lake Camp. Since then, second and third generations of campers from all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries have attended Eagle Lake. The great outdoors, combined with the fun and energy of being with others their age doing things they may have never done before, is an atmosphere kids of all ages want and need. At Eagle Lake, we make every effort to understand and fulfill this desire...and bring the person of Jesus Christ into their lives as well.